Skip to main content

A Salute!!


Love U India!!!

Happy Independence Day India! :-)

All over our country, people celebrate this day in different ways. Some hoist the Tricolour. Some watch Desh bhakti movies (Yeh, the same old Border and Lagaan and LOC Kargil and whatnot!). Some crib about it being a Dry Day (Yeh, seriously!). Then there are also people who are like, "Independence day? Yeh sure. As if anyone really cares about our country, as if we have a good govt., etc etc etc." And some who simply take 15 August as a holiday to enjoy or rest.
I don't know to which group i belong. There are years when i actually wear a dress which has orange, green and white in it (i knw, lame). There are years me and my family actually listen to patriotic speeches and songs. But this year, I would simply like to sit back and marvel over our country and its citizens. And especially, salute the true leaders and fighters of our country.
India is one country with a plethora of religions and languages. We say we believe in "Unity in Diversity". But do we really implement that in our lives? Half of the people i meet have a grudge against one religion or the other. Half of them are so patriotic about their state that they believe that all other states are simply rubbish. All other languages, all other states are simply nonsense. But note that i say HALF of them. 'Coz still there are people who embrace every religion with love. My grandfather and my mom would simply be the best examples. They can go on and on about how mych they adore Sikhs and Muslims. They are the most eager too celebrate each festival, to visit every single Gurudwara and Mosque, despite being Hindus. And they have inculcated these values in me too. So i would like to salute all those people who truly believe that we all are children of the same God. To all those who see every religion, every culture as their own. To all those who know how to share, who know how to love.
Then i would like to salute the true leaders and the true fighters of our country, the Indian Armed Forces. They are the first ones to reach whenever help is needed. You would never hear a Army officer saying, "Thats not my state! Thats not my region. To hell with the people stranded over there! Let XYZ help them, after all he's their man!" They think first about their country, then about themselves or about their respective states and religions. While the political leaders were busy blaming each other during the Uttrakhand Disaster, it was the Armed Forces who truly helped the people. So i salute all those in the Indian Armed Forces, for being there when we needed you. For never giving up.
But then there are also people i would definitely NOT like to salute. And they are, yeh you guessed right, the good-for-nothing political leaders of our country. All those useless netas who think it is a good idea to let the country's reputation go in the drain just for their personal benefit.
And a non-salute to all those people who can go on for hours about how nonsense and useless this country is, and yet do nothing to change it. To all those who exploit our country's resources to study and then go abroad to look for a job.
An actor in Rang De Basanti said, "No country is perfect. WE have to make it perfect". And i couldn't agree more with him.
JAI HIND!!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Hello People! I know....its been a while....but school reopened and i became too busy in school exams. To top it, there are regular exams in my institution as well and not to forget, LOADS of homework which of course i didn't do in the summer vacation (will i ever learn? sigh....). Anyways during the constant need to perform well in exams, i felt strongly about how much others expect from us, and even how much we expect from ourselves. So, i went through my poems and found one which i had written a while ago....it perfectly describes my state of mind right now. Expectations, expectations, Advises and suggestions everywhere. Expectations, expectations, Some are nice, but some are so unfair! Parents expect us to be ideal children, With no blundering around. They want us to obey everyone And maintain a respectful sound. Teachers expect us to be ideal students, Studying throughout the year. They want us to be masters in all subjects, From Algebra to Sha

How are you?

Why is it "I'm fine :)" escapes my lips regardless of the situation I'm in, the person who's asking and the context he/she is referring to? Why is it that this question makes me want to sit and ponder, even when superficially I feel quite alright? Why is it that I rush to my best friends, wanting to think aloud and talk it through, but at the same time afraid that they'll think it's another one of my crazy, sad days? Why is it that half the thoughts in my mind are left unsaid only because of the fear that the person will feel overburdened by my seemingly insignificant problems? Why is it that this fear is much greater when the said person is a dear, dear friend, whose opinion matters more to me than that of an acquaintances'? Why is it that these 3 words send me in a spiral maze of emotions I can not make any sense of?

Willing.

I recently came across a poem I’d written way back in 2012. At that time, it was based purely on imagination- as I imagined what it would feel like when a bond broke. Today, I know that feeling. Here is the poem, raw as it was written in 2012. It is not very refined, but it is what it is and I am what I am. As I stand in the rain, The water washes away my pain And I smile remembering the good old days. As I stand in the rain, The water sweeps in the drain And I sigh remembering the nearly caught train. As I stand in the rain, I watch a passing dame And I laugh remembering the jokes which were so lame The rain stops, And the world moves on. But I keep standing there, Remembering the life we used to share. The world shouts at me, Tell me it’s high time I forgot. But I know I just can't As I stare at the ring you bought. It has a forget-me-not on it, And as I watch, it begins to lit. You told me to keep it always with me, As we s