Skip to main content

Low....

So there are days when i am on the top of the world. I feel like every thing's happening perfectly with me. I skip around for no particular reason and smile at every random incident. But then again there are days when i feel low. Low on confidence. Low on self esteem. Low on happiness. I wont crib by saying that the second type is more frequent than the first one, coz i know it isn't. More likely the ratio of my happy to sad days will be 10:1. But my problem is that when that 1 day does come, i forget every other happy memory. I just sit and cry. And nowadays, i just go numb.
I have a lot of good friends. Friends who encourage me. Friends who keep me happy. But on these days, i need a friend who'll just sit with me and listen to my laments. A friend who will let me cry my heart out without offering advice to me. A friend who will listen to me blaming others without judging me. Simply, a friend who will not constantly tell me that this isn't the end of the world. Rather, a friend who will just let me cry and tell me that i have every reason to be sad. No, i don't mean that i don't like people who have the ability to console others. I love such people. I envy them (coz i cant do more than a "there,there" like Sheldon). But on some days i don't need to be told that i am seeing this world wrong. That i am being hopeless. I need people who will let me self pity myself. But sadly, i cant find anyone like this right now.
Yes i know guys, the fault is within me. But one thing i can't handle is being criticised. I do take healthy criticism in a, well, "healthy" way. But negative comments given negatively are a big NO for me. And that's the reason why i cant stand being told that i shouldn't sit and cry. If i want to do something, i do it. Coz i feel its the right thing to do. At such times i don't take kindly to people telling me i am thinking wrong. Even if i am. That's coz i get grumpy when i am low. So just wait. Don't rush me. I'll be back to my chirpy self in a while. But in the time being, let me curl up and cry myself to sleep. Right now i feel nothing is good. That i am good for nothing. And so just let me be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Ever since I first entered the Harry Potter world, I was taken by the sheer charm of it. I loved every minute of the journey. While I was terribly sad when it ended, I wasn’t dissatisfied. The characters were incredibly developed. We saw them growing up, even if we did not actually grow up with them (people like me who read the series in a matter of weeks). We knew their flaws, we knew their greatness. And we’d seen them acquire these. I can’t stress this enough- we knew all the characters so deeply that we could have stated what they’ll do/say in a situation exactly. There was no rush. The story spanned 7 years and Rowling took it forward at a brilliant pace. Everything was told as it was, clearly with details. As the storyline developed, the characters grew and developed and we came to identify with them. There were no “how is this possible?” or “that is too farfetched” or “where did that come from?” moments in the story. Every concept was superbly explained and executed.

Expectations

Hello People! I know....its been a while....but school reopened and i became too busy in school exams. To top it, there are regular exams in my institution as well and not to forget, LOADS of homework which of course i didn't do in the summer vacation (will i ever learn? sigh....). Anyways during the constant need to perform well in exams, i felt strongly about how much others expect from us, and even how much we expect from ourselves. So, i went through my poems and found one which i had written a while ago....it perfectly describes my state of mind right now. Expectations, expectations, Advises and suggestions everywhere. Expectations, expectations, Some are nice, but some are so unfair! Parents expect us to be ideal children, With no blundering around. They want us to obey everyone And maintain a respectful sound. Teachers expect us to be ideal students, Studying throughout the year. They want us to be masters in all subjects, From Algebra to Sha

DIE- Death Is Expensive

A Tribute                               Khuswant Singh wrote, "People can be divided into givers,takers,suckers and spongers" . My late nanaji, Mr. Rajender Jha was the biggest giver i met in my life. Nani tells me that he used to give his whole monthly salary to the poor even though they weren't very well off themselves and the whole family would then have to spend the month cutting their costs. He was a police officer, a man devoted to public service in the true sense of the word. The most royal person ever. He lived grand. And he died grand. He went on to the heavenly abode last year. There was grief on his death but we had all seen it coming. Had even prayed for it. Its difficult to see your loved one bedridden for a year. Unable to do anything on his own, struggling to live  just so because his family wanted him to. Ever read Shakespeare's Seven Ages poem? Nanaji perfectly described man in his last stage of life, in his second childhood....unable to do