Skip to main content

Willing.

I recently came across a poem I’d written way back in 2012. At that time, it was based purely on imagination- as I imagined what it would feel like when a bond broke. Today, I know that feeling. Here is the poem, raw as it was written in 2012. It is not very refined, but it is what it is and I am what I am.

As I stand in the rain,
The water washes away my pain
And I smile remembering the good old days.

As I stand in the rain,
The water sweeps in the drain
And I sigh remembering the nearly caught train.

As I stand in the rain,
I watch a passing dame
And I laugh remembering the jokes which were so lame

The rain stops,
And the world moves on.
But I keep standing there,
Remembering the life we used to share.

The world shouts at me,
Tell me it’s high time I forgot.
But I know I just can't
As I stare at the ring you bought.

It has a forget-me-not on it,
And as I watch, it begins to lit.
You told me to keep it always with me,
As we stood under the peepal tree.

What we had was so special,
That I just can't move on.
Tears come into my eyes,
And the cat starts to moan.

Why did you go away?
Why couldn’t you just stay?
Why do all good things have to end?
Will my heart ever mend?

I’d often heard that broken friendships hurt more than broken romantic relationships, and maybe that is because everything starts with a friendship only. 

Since the past few weeks, I’ve been longing for the friends I lost over the while. Be it people I had a close bond with during classes 8th and 9th, people I had loved with all my heart with right until school ended and a long time after that, people I befriended in the 2 years of college who gradually became distant as new bonds started forming or people who I know will go away in a couple of weeks, taking away a part of me with them. All these people, every single one of them, were special in their own way. They all gave me something and took away something from me. With each separation, my soul seemed to break into tinier parts…becoming so tiny that I am afraid I won’t have anything left to share very soon.


Trying to keep up with the pace of a new life and new opportunities, I somehow could not keep up with my friends. I always say that all relationships should be effortless and if they are not, something is wrong. But recently I’ve learnt that you need to put in the general effort and sometimes, sometimes it is all worth it. So what I really want to say is that all of you are worth it. 
You’re worth the effort I’m willing to make, if only you’ll take me back J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Ever since I first entered the Harry Potter world, I was taken by the sheer charm of it. I loved every minute of the journey. While I was terribly sad when it ended, I wasn’t dissatisfied. The characters were incredibly developed. We saw them growing up, even if we did not actually grow up with them (people like me who read the series in a matter of weeks). We knew their flaws, we knew their greatness. And we’d seen them acquire these. I can’t stress this enough- we knew all the characters so deeply that we could have stated what they’ll do/say in a situation exactly. There was no rush. The story spanned 7 years and Rowling took it forward at a brilliant pace. Everything was told as it was, clearly with details. As the storyline developed, the characters grew and developed and we came to identify with them. There were no “how is this possible?” or “that is too farfetched” or “where did that come from?” moments in the story. Every concept was superbly explained and executed.

Expectations

Hello People! I know....its been a while....but school reopened and i became too busy in school exams. To top it, there are regular exams in my institution as well and not to forget, LOADS of homework which of course i didn't do in the summer vacation (will i ever learn? sigh....). Anyways during the constant need to perform well in exams, i felt strongly about how much others expect from us, and even how much we expect from ourselves. So, i went through my poems and found one which i had written a while ago....it perfectly describes my state of mind right now. Expectations, expectations, Advises and suggestions everywhere. Expectations, expectations, Some are nice, but some are so unfair! Parents expect us to be ideal children, With no blundering around. They want us to obey everyone And maintain a respectful sound. Teachers expect us to be ideal students, Studying throughout the year. They want us to be masters in all subjects, From Algebra to Sha

DIE- Death Is Expensive

A Tribute                               Khuswant Singh wrote, "People can be divided into givers,takers,suckers and spongers" . My late nanaji, Mr. Rajender Jha was the biggest giver i met in my life. Nani tells me that he used to give his whole monthly salary to the poor even though they weren't very well off themselves and the whole family would then have to spend the month cutting their costs. He was a police officer, a man devoted to public service in the true sense of the word. The most royal person ever. He lived grand. And he died grand. He went on to the heavenly abode last year. There was grief on his death but we had all seen it coming. Had even prayed for it. Its difficult to see your loved one bedridden for a year. Unable to do anything on his own, struggling to live  just so because his family wanted him to. Ever read Shakespeare's Seven Ages poem? Nanaji perfectly described man in his last stage of life, in his second childhood....unable to do